Moving Analytics is seeking a highly motivated and successful physician to champion the adoption of the Movn remote cardiac rehab program across Pittsburgh, PA.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Employment Type: Part-time, 1099
Moving Analytics seeks to hire a Regional Medical Director to increase awareness about the Movn virtual cardiac rehab and engage local providers, payers and other stakeholders to adopt the program. The successful candidate will provide medical oversight across all aspects of the program across Pittsburgh, and serve as the lead clinical liaison between Moving Analytics and the medical community. The ideal candidate has great people skills, a strong background as a clinical cardiologist, experience with cardiac rehabilitation and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Serve as physician champion/liaison for remote cardiac rehab for the region
- Engage leadership at health systems, health plans, department of health, physician practices, Cath labs on the need for alternate delivery models for CR and educate them on the benefits of the Movn program
- Work closely with cardiology practices, Cath labs and health systems to streamline their cardiac rehab referral processes and enroll patients in the Movn program
- Serve as subject matter expert on the Movn program, discussing clinical evidence, clinical workflows, patient selection and clinical implementation best practices with local providers and health plans
- Work with local hospital-based medical directors of cardiac rehab to ensure referral and enrollment of appropriate patients, set program goals, quality improvement targets, implement best practices, discuss patient/programmatic issues
- Communicate and Interface with referring physicians about individual patient outcomes and progress toward goals
- Help the Movn team solve problems and communicate with referring health care practitioners and other stakeholders
- A highly compassionate and empathetic person
- Cardiologist with at least 5 years of practice experience and expertise in cardiac rehabilitation, cardiovascular disease prevention, exercise training, and comprehensive risk factor modification (including smoking cessation, nutrition, stress reduction, medications and lipid management)
- Additional knowledge and experience with the following is highly preferred:
- Behavioral and psychosocial aspects of cardiovascular disease
- Clinical epidemiology and population health management
- Exercise physiology and exercise training
- Cardiovascular pharmacology including advanced lipidology
- Basic biostatistics and ability to interpret data from clinical trials and outcomes research
- Experience executing quality improvement initiatives related to ischemic heart disease outcomes (e.g., increase CR enrollment and completion, reduced cardiac procedures and hospital readmissions)
- Extremely comfortable in the use of information technology systems including electronic medical records, telehealth platforms and ability to collaborate with team members and stakeholders through digital platforms (Skype, Zoom, Email, etc.)
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including both written and verbal
- Medical degree, either an M.D. or D.O.
- Board eligible or board certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- Licensure in good standing to practice medicine in state of residence
- Training in basic life support or advanced cardiac life support
- Poses all necessary insurance including medical malpractice and liability
About Moving Analytics
Moving Analytics, is a telehealth company that is increasing access to cardiac rehab and helping patients recover faster at home through an innovative app-based virtual cardiac rehab program. Our program combines evidence-based guidelines, behavior science, remote monitoring and tele-health coaching to engage patients to adopt heart-healthy lifestyles and improve their wellbeing. Our programs were developed in collaboration with Stanford Medicine and is based on 20+ years of research on over 70,000 patients across six randomized clinical trials. Our program has successfully improved cardiac rehab participation rates, member outcomes and lowered readmission at marque organizations like CDPHP, Kaiser Permanente, Highmark Health Plan, Allegheny Health Network and the Veteran Affairs. Our mantra is empathy guiding expertise.