Moving Analytics is looking for a Sr Director of Clinical Operations to join our team and improve quality of care while achieving our mission. The Director of Clinical Operations will be responsible for ensuring successful day-to-day clinical operations and delivery of clinical services in order to drive the company's strategic goals. The Director of Clinical Operations will lead process improvements to drive clinical quality and guide program development in conjunction with key clinical opinion leaders.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
About Moving Analytics
Moving Analytics provides Movn - a virtual cardiac rehabilitation service to help patients recover after a heart attack or heart surgery to help patients reduce their risk of getting a future cardiac event by empowering them to manage their risk factors. Our mission is to provide equitable access to high quality cardiovascular care, so people can live longer, healthier lives.
Greater Los Angeles Area/Orange County/New York
Scope of Work
- Oversee and continuously improve the operational efficiency and quality of clinical services at scale from qualification to program completion including efficient systems for scheduling, management of clinical flows, and panel management.
- Measure and improve all process improvements as related to quality of care including but not limited to enrollment rates, engagement rates, health outcomes, safety and cost of care.
- Operationalize a scalable staffing plan for care management
- Oversee staff management as relates to clinical operations including recruiting, vetting, training, licensure, ongoing management, verification of quality of care, promotions and terminations to meet company needs
- Nurture and reinforce the culture, training, and tools/processes necessary organization-wide to deliver excellent patient experiences both in and out of our four walls
- Maintain and engage a clinical and customer advisory board to achieve Company goals
- Manage 3rd party partnerships to further scale care when needed
- Act as primary clinical liaison/ambassador to interface with customers to describe clinical operations and roadmap
- Act as a clinical point of contact to answer customer questions in a succinct and informative manner.
- Act as a clinical resource (or find appropriate resources) to assist sales and product teams with any clinical questions they may have and in creating protocols as needed (for example, in hypertension or heart failure management)
- Interface with customers and internal stakeholders to understand the unique needs of their population and how Company’s programs can be tailored to address them with a view to closing customer contracts
- Work closely with provider engagement teams and customers to optimize time to referral and enrollment
- Represent Company at conferences and serve as a thought leader
- Create and maintain a clinical protocol roadmap (consisting of updating current and generate new protocols for care management of various indications) based on internal and external customer needs and new research/guidelines
- Perform regular quality improvement and performance analysis on each component of Company’s programs and adjust protocols as needed
- Identify and develop opportunities to improve product, operational and user experience with focus on automation and scalability, and work closely with product leadership to implement changes
- Be up to date on medical research and new clinical data to improve the quality of patient care and incorporate data into protocol development.
- Ensure that the company and its protocols are compliant from a medical standpoint and managing liability
- Identify and achieve appropriate certifications related to quality of care and modify care management operations to meet certification requirements
- Track quality measures related to care (such as HEDIS, STAR ratings) and position company to meet and showcase quality standards
- At least 5 years of experience as a clinical manager/administrator in a healthcare or medical setting
- Preferably at least 1 year experience working for a technology startup and familiarity with mobile phone/app based coaching approaches
- RN/BSN/Exercise Physiologist, NP, PA, public health or equivalent/higher clinical qualification
- Familiarity with quality and process improvement methodologies
- Masters’ Degree in business, health administration, nursing or public health
- Fluent in process creation
- Strong financial acumen and ability to translate product goals into company’s financial implications
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact with and manage care management operations
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic, startup environment where things can change/pivot rapidly
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations that impact clinic operations, including HIPAA, Title 22, Medicare, Medicaid and HRSA.
- Proven analytical background with ability to model and solve complex problems
- Strong spreadsheet and presentation skills
Benefits & Perks
- 401(k) with employer match
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Free-to-use and fully-equipped fitness center
- Dog-friendly office, with two available dog parks
- Outdoor meeting areas, including power, wifi, bluetooth, whiteboards, and sufficient seating
- Free bike rental and storage
- Free snacks
- Coffee shop downstairs
- Up to two days of remote work each week
- Covered expenses at approved conferences
- Reimbursement for professional education expenses
- Employer contribution towards fitness membership with ClassPass
- Free membership to Kindbody, which provides full-service fertility care, gynecology, mental health, and nutrition coaching
- Free membership to HealthAdvocate, which provides experts that make healthcare easier to navigate
- Free membership to One Medical, which provides on-demand primary care
- Free membership to Teladoc, which provides virtual health (the doctor's office comes to you)
- Free membership to Talkspace, which provides online mental health therapy, giving you the ability to connect with a therapist from the palm of your hand