About Moving Analytics
Moving Analytics is a digital health and therapeutics company dedicated to empowering people to live life free of cardiovascular disease. Our flagship program is Movn, a virtual cardiac rehabilitation program that delivers an evidence-based program of exercise, risk factor modification and remote monitoring through personal coaching and behavioral science principles to help patients recover after a cardiac event. Developed in partnership with Stanford University, Movn is based on more than 30 years of published research involving over 70,000 patients.
We are clinicians, designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs leveraging design, research, and technology to improve patient engagement and care coordination. Our mantra is Empathy Guiding Expertise in our relationships with patients, providers, payers and healthcare systems.
Moving Analytics seeks to hire a Regional Medical Director to supervise the delivery of the Movn program. The successful candidate will provide medical oversight across all aspects of the program across a specified region, ideally their current state of residence, and serve as a clinical liaison between the Moving Analytics leadership team and regional customers and stakeholders to implement strategies that enhance delivery of the Movn program. Specific responsibilities include reviewing individualized treatment plans (ITPs) for enrolled patients and serving as the rendering provider for billing and reimbursement purposes. The ideal candidate has a strong background as a clinical cardiologist, experience with cardiac rehabilitation is preferred but not required, and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Remote, no physical attendance required
- Your attendance will also be required for online/telephone meetings which are held during business hours, typically in Pacific Time
Scope of Work
- Supervise qualified, multidisciplinary team of care managers and care coordinators (Movn care team) to deliver high-quality care to eligible patients
- Provide medical advice to Movn care team for specific patients as needed
- Ensure referral and enrollment of appropriate patients based on the inclusion criteria for the Movn program
- Coordinate program safety parameters and emergency management
- Provide oversight of the Individualized Treatment Plan (ITP) and ensure it matches the need of each patient enrolled
- Review and sign off on ITPs generated by the Movn care managers at the beginning of the program and every 30 days
- Ensure the ITP includes appropriate exercise prescription, individualized education, counseling, and behavioral intervention about cardiac risk factor modification
- Communicate and Interface with referring physicians about individual patient outcomes and progress toward goals
- Help the Movn care team solve problems and communicate with referring health care practitioners about deviations from individual patient goal attainment
- Work with the Movn care team to ensure appropriate outcomes assessment for individual patients
- Serve as rendering provider for billing and reimbursement purpose
- Cardiologist with at least 5 years of practice experience and expertise in cardiac rehabilitation, cardiovascular disease prevention, exercise training, and comprehensive risk factor modification (including smoking cessation, nutrition, stress reduction, medications and lipid management)
- Additional knowledge and experience with the following is highly preferred:
- Behavioral and psychosocial aspects of cardiovascular disease
- Clinical epidemiology and population health management
- Exercise physiology and exercise training
- Cardiovascular pharmacology including advanced lipidology
- Basic biostatistics and ability to interpret data from clinical trials and outcomes research
- Experience executing quality improvement initiatives related to ischemic heart disease outcomes (e.g., increase CR enrollment and completion, reduced cardiac procedures and hospital readmissions)
- Extremely comfortable in the use of information technology systems including electronic medical records, telehealth platforms and ability to collaborate with team members and stakeholders through digital platforms (Skype, Zoom, Email, etc.)
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including both written and verbal
- A highly compassionate and empathetic person
- Medical degree, either an M.D. or D.O.
- Board eligible or board certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- Licensure in good standing to practice medicine in state of residence
- Willingness secure licensure in other states outside of state of residence
- Training in basic life support or advanced cardiac life support
- Able to meet and maintain current credentialing requirements to serve as a with all major commercial health plans
- Poses all necessary insurance including medical malpractice and liability
- Able to read, write and speak English
No benefits are offered for this position at this time.